It can’t be overstated: video IS the powerhouse strategy for reaching B2B prospects, especially since preferences for exclusively-digital and highly personal sales experiences continue to rise. Add a global pandemic to the mix, and you can bet your bottom dollar that your targets are spending more time researching solutions and making purchasing decisions online by watching video.
The fact is, video messaging for sales has already continued to gain momentum in 2021. And the future of your channel success depends on your ability to reinvigorate sales processes to better align with the preferences of the modern buyer.
But don’t have to take our word for it…
If you’re still skeptical, here are highlights of recent key findings and statistics to drive home the value of incorporating personalized video content into your existing demand generation strategy.
The Proof Is In The Pudding
Did you know that Youtube was the second most visited website in the U.S in 2020? Or that for years it’s been the second most popular search engine right behind Google? These numbers seem shocking at first but when you think about it, they actually make perfect sense. Buyers crave quick, convenient information they can consume while multitasking and video deliver exactly that. The most notable video stats for businesses and consumers include:
Sales and Marketing:
- 72% of businesses say video has improved their conversion rate.
- 80% of video marketers claim that video has directly increased sales.
- 94% of marketers agree that videos have helped increase user understanding of their product or service
- 43% report video reduced the number of product support calls their company received.
- 72% of customers prefer learning about a product or service by watching a video.
- 52% say watching product videos makes them more confident in online purchase decisions.
- 84% say watching a brand’s video convinced them to buy a product or service.
The Impact of COVID-19
This time last year as the COVID-19 pandemic completely changed life as we know it, businesses were forced to pivot and learn to drive demand without live networking events, expos, speaking engagements or face to face meetings they once relied on. Video has always been a great way to engage prospects and customers but with 74% of companies planning to permanently shift to remote work post COVID-19, these statistics showcase the increased value of video for sales and marketing.
- 80% of buyers have engaged with more digital content since the COVID-19 outbreak than they did before.
- By 2022, an estimated 82% of all online content creation will be video.
- 90% of marketers feel the pandemic has made video more important for growing business.
- 60% of video marketers say they expect their budget to be affected for 2021, with around 70% expecting a higher video marketing budget.66% of businesses have used video to communicate with key stakeholders during the pandemic.
The Future is Video
As video for sales and marketing continues as the prevalent content medium in coming years, your Channel Partners will continue to become experts at creating and engaging buyers with video online. To win their partnership, Vendors must equip Partners with video resources and education they need to be successful.
Still not convinced? Here are some valuable statistics that prove it!
- 9 out of 10 people say they want to see more videos from brands in 2021.
- 99% of current video marketers say they’ll continue using video in 2021, and 96% plan to increase or maintain their spend.
- 94% of people report recently watching explainer videos to learn more about a product, with 84% being swayed to make a purchase.
Want to learn what types of video (and other content) you must develop to drive through-channel demand the RIGHT WAY? This eBook has everything you need to know!